Job Posting – Production Manager position for Repercussion Theatre
Posting date: December 15th 2015
Deadline for submission: January 22, 2016
Position: Shakespeare-in-the-Park, Production Manager
Employment Period: February to May (flexible hours) May to early-August (full time).
Note: There is the possibility of continuing with the company part-time during the off-season – to be determined in communication with the chosen applicant.
Working closely with the Artistic Director and General Manager, the Production Manager will build a production team and oversee all aspects of production related to mounting Shakespeare-in-the-Park’s 2016 summer tour in Montreal and beyond.
General Schedule and Duties (further details available upon request)
Prep for the tour (Part-time, February – June)
- Set up Production Budget & Schedule; Hire the Production Team (in collaboration with the AD); Organize Production Meetings; Liaise with CAEA re contracts and riders; Participate in Park Visits to ensure adherence to tech rider; Secure rehearsal locations (as needed) and touring details outside of Montreal; Update the company Road Book.
Rehearsal and Build (approx June 6th –July 7th)
- Review Daily Schedule and production notes with designers and TD; Purchase necessary supplies and manage TD/SM petty cash and receipts; Arrange and assist in the transportation of the stage and inventory to outdoor rehearsal venue; Oversee the crew during build and outdoor rehearsals; help ensure health and safety of crew and artistic team.
Tour (July 7Th – 31st )
- Oversee daily set up of stage, lights, sound; Forecast/follow-up production and technical difficulties; Formulate solutions with the TD/Tour Coordinator; Monitor health and safety; ensure proper record-keeping is taking place; Prep for strike and returns.
Strike (early August)
- Oversee and assist in the strike of the set, costumes, props and equipment. Ensure inventory is returned to proper storage spaces; Cull TD, TM and SM production books; Finalize budget.
- Candidate must have five years production management experience (or like experience directly related to the role of Production Manager)
- Fluency in English (written and oral) and French (oral)
- Interest in leading and motivating our relatively young production team
- A positive attitude and ability to multitask, take initiative, and work independently
- Ability to work long hours in the outdoors (sun, rain, heat etc) and to adapt easily to an ever-changing environment
- Valid driver’s license, own car would be ideal
- Please e-mail your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org